Flowers arranged by Christ Church Derry Hill Altar Guild.
At Christ Church in Derry Hill there is an Altar Guild who, though not professionals, produce beautiful arrangements of flowers for the church. If you are planning a special event in Christ Church Derry Hill, or would like flowers in church to commemorate a loved one or a special occasion, the Guild are more than happy to produce arrangements and displays to support you. If you would like to know more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos taken by Goff Lias.
Musicians and Choir Members
At Derry Hill Church there is currently no music group, however we welcome musicians and singers who would like to take part in our services – especially family services. We currently have a choir at Derry Hill and if anyone is interested in joining the choir then please contact Carol Rigby. The choir usually meet on a Thursday afternoon at 4pm to practice.
A Parochial Church Council (PCC) is the executive committee of a Church of England parish and consists of clergy and churchwardens of the parish, together with representatives of the laity. The origin of PCCs is in the old parish vestry committees, which they replaced in 1921.
Christ Church, Derry Hill
- Mrs Averil Davis – Vice Chair
- Mrs Jennie Leddra – Secretary
- Mr Peter Roycroft – Treasurer
- Mr Stephen Starr – Church Warden
- Mr Peter Rigby – Church Warden
- Mr Ian Liddle – Deputy Church Warden
- Mrs Angela Barker – Lay Member
- Mrs Deirdre Lias – Lay Member
- William Wyldbore-Smith – Churchwarden
- David Stevens – Churchwarden, Treasurer
- Paula Godwin – Secretary (Non PCC)
- Jane Jordan – Lay Member
- Nicol Jordan – Lay Member
- Judy Scott – Lay Member
- Jennifer Lamacraft – Lay Member
- Ken Webb – Deanery Synod
- Elizabeth Parlett – Deanery Synod
- Robin Pocock – Lay Member
- William Bailey – Lay Member
- Len Jones – Lay Member
- Diana Rodwell – Lay Member
- Elizabeth Hannah – Churchwarden/Deanery Synod
- Robert Pegler – Churchwarden
- Lynne Pegler – Treasurer (Non PCC)
- Jenny Wilton – Lay Member
- Daphne Glass – Lay Member
- David Glass – Lay Member
- David Milligan – Lay Member
- Imogen Abbots – Lay Member
- Chris Minty – Lay Member
The PCC’s usually meets every other month on the second week at 7:30pm, although dates of meetings can be found on our church calendar. We meet to discuss any church issues and plan events and services for the church.
We are currently looking for new members to join our highly committed team. If you’re interested, please contact Reverend Linda Cater and discuss this further.
BREMHILL – David Stevens
DERRY HILL – Diane Saxty & Peter Rigby
Mothers’ Union Prayer & Fellowship Group
The Mothers’ Union Prayer and Fellowship Group is an international Christian membership charity that aims to demonstrate the Christian faith in action through the transformation of communities worldwide.
We are working with people of all faiths and none in 83 countries to promote stable marriage, family life and the protection of children through praying, enabling and campaigning.
Our aims and objectives are:
- To promote and support married life
- To encourage parents in their role to develop the faith of their children
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity
Derry Hill and Studley Mothers’ Union meet on the first Wednesday of the month at 2:30pm in Christ Church Derry Hill.
If you are interested in becoming a member, then please contact Mrs Barbara Parry on 01249 444608.
Hand Bell Ringing
Wednesday evenings from 7.30pm – 9pm we meet in Christ Church Derry Hill to practice our hand bell ringing. No experience needed! Just come along if you are interested and give it a try. We are already practicing for Christmas!! There is a small charge of £2 per week per person to cover costs.
The meditation group meets in Christ Church Derry Hill on a weekly basis on Wednesdays from 6.30pm. to 7.00pm; just 30 minutes of stillness, beginning with a short reading and closing with music.
If you are coming home from work or have time before or after supper, just pop in. You can join on any Wednesday because we are all beginners! There are no “experts” or “masters”, we are all novices and there is nothing complicated, so just turn up.
We have been so pleased to see people joining us from within Derry Hill and Studley and those from further afield. Everyone is welcome – those from a Christian tradition, those of other faiths and those of no faith. Meditation is inclusive, so we offer a space and place where we can just be in stillness and silence.
We strive to offer the best pastoral care to each and every person in our parish communities including those who may be sick or suffering in any way; hospitalised, in a nursing home or homebound for any period of time. This care can include visiting, bringing Holy Communion and providing transport to and from church services.
Within the Derry Hill Parish, this pastoral care is coordinated by two Lay Pastoral Assistants. They are Mrs Anita Uttley snd Mrs Averil Davis. If you know of anyone who would welcome pastoral care in this way, please contact Anita or Averil. Also, if you are willing to help with this vital ministry please contact Averil on 01249 814411.